Painting smiles on fellow tumblrians hearts since April 21, 2010. A student journalist pursuing Psychology with the aim to make the world a better place. Let's be friends :)
wouldnt it be cool to just like not feel nervous about everything all the time
It varies from one couple to another how they survive their first fight. You can deal with such a situation and try to improve your relationship further with the help of these tips:
- It’s normal to disagree with each other
Although fighting is not a good thing, you can’t move forward in a relationship without disagreeing with one another. It’s a fact that when you are with someone for a long period of time, your true self is revealed.
- Work out the point of disagreement
You can build a strong relationship if you are able to work out the situation that caused disagreement and come up with an agreeable solution. The best thing is to stay calm and try to put across your point of view.
- Try to be supportive
When you fight for the first time, you may slightly feel uncomfortable to talk to each other. But you need to be supportive and try to understand what caused such situation. If something is bugging you or your partner, you must be there for help and support.
when i first started using tumblr, every morning i would keep scrolling the dashboard until i reached the last post i saw from the night before
We all know those couples: they’ve been together forever, they’re crazy about each other, and they somehow just make it look effortless. What’s their secret? Here are the top lessons to learn from successful couples:
· They stick it out. Successful couples don’t bail the moment things get rocky. They know the value of sticking it out, letting tough times or arguments play out, and seeing things through to the other side.
· They are best friends. These couples aren’t just romantic partners, they are best friends too. Their relationship has deepened to the point where they have formed a bond that goes beyond just dating, and they’ve become each other’s closest friends. The trust and respect you have for your best friend makes for a romantic relationship that is iron clad.
· They laugh at life. Even though stress and hard times come their way, they find ways to laugh at it and find humor together. Being able to laugh at life’s tough situations shows that no matter what, you’ll get through it.
· They deal with stress. Rather than letting stress build up until it explodes, successful couples deal with it. They talk about it and find ways to work through stress, rather than letting it fester.
imagine if all trees were wifi hotspots. now that is a future i want to be in
*3 year old tries to walk into a bar*
“whoa there son aren’t you a little young to enter this bar”
“its what’s on the inside that counts :) <3”
“oh my bad didnt mean to offend anyone here right this way sir”
Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.
Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
What Their Non-Verbal Cues Mean
Whether your partner openly declares their love for you or is the silent type, you can figure out what they really feel by de-coding their non-verbal cues. Their gestures and body language can reveal everything you’ve every wanted to know about their true feelings:
· Subtle touching: Consider yourself lucky if you have a partner that is always finding little ways to touch you when you’re together. Holding hands, touching your arm, putting their hand on your leg when you’re sitting together, etc. are all ways that indicate that they are happy to be with you. Touching you is their way of keeping you close and showing that they want to be near you.
· Eye contact: If your partner makes great eye contact and looks deeply into your eyes when you’re speaking it means that they are truly interested in getting to know the real you. Looking intently at someone when they’re talking means that they are taking in every word and are probing deeper to understand what’s inside.
· Avoiding eye contact: If your partner avoids making meaningful eye contact with you then they are likely hiding something. It could be that they are lying or being dishonest about something, or they might not be as into the relationship as you are.
Decoding female language can seem next to impossible. Here are 5 classic things that women say when they really mean something else:
1. “Fine”. It’s not fine. If you’ve ever been in an argument with your girlfriend and she says, “it’s fine”, this really means she is totally unimpressed. She thinks that you are so far off base that it’s not even worth explaining her side anymore, so she’s shutting down the conversation. She doesn’t really want to drop it, so take a minute and try to re-approach the conversation from another angle.
2. “Whatever”. This passive aggressive comment comes from when she feels like the conversation is not going the way that she wants and she doesn’t know how to steer it back. Saying “whatever” is her way of shutting it down and saying, “stop talking about it and leave me alone”. For now, anyway. She never fully wants to drop something until it’s resolved, so try again later.
*prosecuting lawyer voice* i have only one question for the defendant… ‘guiltypersonsayswhat?’
haha owned you’re going to jail
I have a panic disorder. While having an attack one day, I called my boyfirend because I was scared. He hung up the phone as soon as I said that and was over in no time to comfort me.
He doesn’t have a car.
He lives 10 miles away.
DING DONG THOSE ARE FUCKING WEDDING BELLS IN THE DISTANCE